How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Khan Your Own Question
Barrister Khan
Barrister Khan, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience:  Excellent legal grip
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister Khan is online now

My sons partnership has broken down but there are two kids

This answer was rated:

My sons partnership has broken down but there are two kids involved one aged 3 and other 8 now the police were in attendance last night and my son left the family home to defuse the situation for the kids sake even though his partners family were there forcing the situation. His partner has a history of mental health issues addiction issues and is on the register for vulnerable adults and kids for past offences and has a criminal record, now it was agreed to go and see his kids today at the family home but he has received a text message to inform him they will not be there they will be at her mothers home so basically she has removed the kids without consent and will not attend the mothers property because of drug issues, he has just quit his job on Friday to care for his kids and had advice from a solicitor regarding a c100 but the immediate issue is the removal and control of kids please help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If there is fear of children safety you may consider contacting social services. Police can be involved and children can stay in police protection for 72 hours at the most. The safety and security of your child will be paramount. The social worker should try to do all they can to cause as little disruption to their life as possible and should listen to you and your child’s views and take them seriously.
Barrister Khan, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience: Excellent legal grip
Barrister Khan and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

My name is ***** ***** i have been a solicitor for more than 35 years

I am afraid that what you have been told above is not accurate

The mother of the children was entitled to take them to her mother's property and has done nothing wrong in doing so UNLESS her mother lives abroad.

It is never sensible to involve Social Services unless there is a serious and immediate risk of harm to a child

The Police cannot keep children other than in an emergency situation - and then not for 72 hours.

Your son needs to file the C100 tomorrow morning and ask for an urgent hearing if he believes that the children are at risk

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you very much

You are welcome - I hope all goes well for you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Many thanks