How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My consent order from my divorce in 2005 states my

This answer was rated:

My consent order from my divorce in 2005 states my ex-husband has to pay £300 pcm per child for each of our 2 children until they reach the age of 18 or cease first degree tertiary education. Our eldest is 18 and has just started Uni. He says he is not going to pay for her anymore but I think he should pay until she finishes her degree. Who is right?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

You are correct - your ex has to pay until the end of your daughter's first Degree - and if he does not do so then you can apply to the Court to have the Order enforced.

One possible compromise would be to suggest that he pays your daughter directly

I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much.

You are most welcome

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you