How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How do I go about a restriction order to keep my wife's

Customer Question

How do I go about a restriction order to keep my wife's boyfriend sleeping in my house as we are not yet devorced and I still own and pay half the mortgage I have asked him to leave but he threatend to call the police over harassment
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 5 months ago.

Hello - for background info - you are no longer living in the house? are there children in the house?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that if your wife is living in the property and you are not then she is entitled to have guests stay over and you cannot prevent it.

However if there are children involved and he is a risk to them then you can obtain an Order ensuring that they have no contact with him.

There is no reason why you should be paying half the mortgage at this point - although if there are children involved then you shoudl be paying child maintenance

Please ask if you need further details