How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex never played vs a for our 2 daughters. He hid he's

Customer Question

My ex never played vs a for our 2 daughters. He hid he's money working cash jobs and claimed benefits. He now is a very wealthy man .can l get court order to make him pay now as he deliberately scammed the system and now he's director in companies
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My youngest daughter is now 30yrs old. I had 2 payments of him when we first separated in the first 2 weeks. He never played me a penny since then. He met another partner had 2 children with her but was paying money for them.l was letting vs a know all the information l could about him working cash jobs at. The vs a just did nothing. He had access to seeing he's children. But was forever letting them down. He still has communication with them now. That is not my gripe. He's bragging about buying pubs. He's director in a company. He lives in a house worth a million pounds or more. Drives a brand new Bentley worth over 100 thousand pounds. And the assets they have got must be worth a fortune. Till this day I'm nearly 60yrs old and still working and so is my husband of 65yrs still working. We have never received any money to help raise my daughters. Even tho my husband has 2 sons from previous marriage that he had to pay for there upbringing. I would like to have some moneys back after all these years. Instead of my ex rubbing in our faces about he's wealth and he keeps saying to my daughters he's working and has done for years. We had hit hard times and still paying for it today. Why should my ex get away with not paying for he's children. I would like to see some justice done. It's taken me all these years to find out a lot of things about my exes life style
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
to confirm l was married to my ex for 11yrs. We separated when my eldest was just 9yrs old and my youngest was just 4yrs. I have a letter from my solicitor at that time saying divorce proceedings were now concluded. I do have legal aid to pursue ex husband for maintenance. But as they advised me before we could not pursue my ex for maintenance. But as advised you before we cannot see the point because as long as he can prove he is in receipt of income support. Unless l have real evidence that he is working not jobs were he is not declared it . Then we are not going to obtain a main tenancy order . That does not mean that you cannot make an application later when your ex husband has obtained employment. Now l have definite proof he is working. Can l open a court order now
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you although I am afraid that the news is not good

Whilst your ex behaved appallingly there is now no action that you can take now.

Sadly Child Maintenance Orders cannot be back dated so there is no application you can make - and I am afraid that the fact that you are remarried means that there are no other financial claims you can mow make on your ex.

I am sorry that the news is not better

Please ask if you need further details