James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

My husband filed probate in sept. His sister lives in

Customer Question

my husband filed probate in sept. His sister lives in Swizerland and a caveat to stop. I now have a letter from her solicitor saying if I do not provide a copy of mums will they will take me to court. I wrote to them and told them that everything is with probate so I cannot send a copy. His sister did have a copy of the will but wants another one which I cannot provide? My sister does not inherit anything in my mums will.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Debenham, Suffolk
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Probate sent a letter to inform me of the caveat and now these letters from her solicitor.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No my wife id dealing with all the paperwork etc
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did you not keep a copy of the Will prior to sending the original to the probate office?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but after we had filled in all the papers for probate and had to send the original will with these papers also I did not think it would be needed.