How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My children are 22 and 20. I got divorced from their father

Customer Question

My children are 22 and 20.I got divorced from their father 15 years ago and there was never a court order for an mouth of money to be paid to me but he was meant to pay for any clubs my son attended and I paid for our daughters clubs as well. My son was not the type of child to enjoy clubs but my daughter spent years of clubs everyday which cost me a lot of money. I am sure that in the agreement he was meant to pay something for school trips and some maintenance too. I never got anything towards anything at all apart from an odd payment of £50 - £100 here and there.I have done my best and brought Up my children who have done well, but I have sacrificed everything in doing so and since loosing my partner (death) 6 years ago and the knock on effect of loosing the business we had, my house and now even my car, I have up until now continued to be the best parent I can.It would not have got to this, despite being widowed, had their father provided over the years. He is very comfortable with wife and another child and his stepchildren whilst I have brought up his children without anything worth mentioning in the way of support from their him.I do feel that we had the children together and although it was my choice to divorce 15 years ago I did not choose to financially support them single handed.Any advice would be appreciatedKind regardsRachael Lee
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you although I fear the news is not good

Sadly it is too late to take action on his lack of support for your children as no claim can be backdated - and it is to late to enforce any order that was made.

I am so very sorry for all your losses and for this added blow but there is simply no way to take this further

Please ask if you need further details