How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35219
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare, I have an URGENT question. My father is presently

Customer Question

Hi Clare,
I have an URGENT question.
My father is presently seriously ill in the hospital in the U.K.. I am his LPA for health and welfare, plus finance. I live here in Holland and he in Newcastle upon Tyne. He and his estranged wife have an appartment completely paid for. So the only charges are service charges. The property is severed... and in the event anything should happen to my father his will would come into play - and in which she is not included. My question is after just talking with the doctors - his life expectancy is in question, and his wishes have always to be discharged to his home where before admittance he had 24 hour care.
The O.T. at the hospital has stated that he he requires a hospital bed - the problem is that the bedroom he was in... is too small. The other where his estranged wife is could most definately hold the bed. She has refused that be used. My question is - as the property equally sto both of them can I then insist that the living room or the dining room be changed to hold this bed... even though she does not wish it.? I and my dad do not want him to go to any kind of care home... and as this is also his house what right do |I have as his LPA to insist on this matter.
Hope fully you can helpMany thanks... Denny Rogers
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for contacting us

Will your father be safe in the property if is ex is also living there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
he will have 24 care
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hope to hear from you shortly
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

On behalf of your father you can indeed set up a bed in dining room and arrange for his care there

You will have to ensure that the careers are willing to ensure the atmosphere

Please ask if you need further details