How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Clare, I now have the file you advised me to get. I believe

Customer Question

Hi Clare, I now have the file you advised me to get. I believe I can prove there is a long gap of 20yrs when they could have contacted me but didn’t. I have not heard from them since their threatening letter. Should I write back to them or wait for their next move? Thanks - Rodney
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Have you actually worked out if arrears actlly accrued?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still dispute the arrears as I paid my ex direct. My claim is that these arrears are therefore theoretical because I did not pass the payments through thenCSA. There is also a note in the CSA computer that my ex withdrew her claim for CSA support in 1997.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.


So the arrears must relate to a period before 1997.

When was the first assessment?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, the CSA have now enforced a payment order with my employer with no right of appeal except for address or contact detail errors. The sums are not affordable and I continue to dispute the debt. I now feel helpless!
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

How much is the deduction?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
163;388 per month
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.


How much do you earn?