How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If I move out of the marital home and divorce are there

Customer Question

Hi ***** move out of the marital home and divorce are there differences if I have a partner or I am living "single " under what circumstances would I be classed as with a living partner and divorce will therefore be granted on those grounds ? That is am I better off being single and divorcing as such? We have a number of joint assets
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

There is no real benefit or problem either way.

Whether or not you have a new partner is a matter of fact - whether you decide to live together immediately is a matter of choice.

The only issue would be if you are living with a partner then your housing needs might be seen as being settled which could impact on the settlement

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou very much
I thought it might be more of a problem in terms of settlement if I have left my wife for someone else as she is a shareholder in my business .and I may get a grilling ... and I thought I couldn't t file for Divorce unless there is someone else or unless we have been separated for 2 years .
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

She can issue a Petition based on your adultery or Unreasonable Behaviour

You could possibly issue a petition based on her Unreasonable Behaviour (it need only be annoying not abusive!)