How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35219
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex husband and I have a Court Order in regards to

This answer was rated:

My ex husband and I have a Court Order in regards ***** ***** details. He has s5opped a portion of child maintenance and has reduced my financial court order. With no official notice. This CO was set up in 2009. What can I do about forcing him to uphold this without costing me money?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Has he given any explanation?

What should he have paid and what has he actually paid?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
His explanation was that his company (He is the MD and the majority shareholder) was struggling. But he did not provide any proof of this. He should be paying me £3000 per month but has reduced this to £2000 and now that our youngest son is now back living with me he should be paying a £1000 per month for him.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is paying (via the CMS) £132 per month for our son.

When was the CMS assessment made?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2/3 weeks ago.

Thank you

I am afraid that the child maintenance order has now been replaced by this assessment.

However you should ask the CMS to do a reassessment on the basis that your ex has failed to declare his income from dividends.

However the spouse maintenance cannot be varied other than by the courts and on that basis you can apply to the courts to enforce the order using the form here

I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the form. Can I just drop this into any court. Or do I need representation?

No you can make the application yourself - the fee is £95

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you