How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Splitting up with my partner of 8 years. We have joint

Customer Question

Splitting up with my partner of 8 years.We have joint mortgage and 3 children. I have contributed financially on a monthly basis regarding food /Bills / Nursery fees / clothes and children’s activitiesWhere do I stand financially
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

What income do you each have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
His Income - £24k
My income £10k (part time salary and currently on maternity)House worth £125k currently outstanding £93.600k
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

For clarity - what offer is your partner making?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He isn’t offering anything as yet. I want to know where i as a single parent to 3 children stand legally (age 5,2. And 7 weeks) as he showed interest in another lady and betrayed his family home.I just want to know where I stand regarding joint House (I myself paid £8000 deposit to purchase property) as I need finances to set up a new home for my children.And what weekly payment am I entitled to for maintenance if he has them 1 to 2 nights a week.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Do you not wish to remain in your current home?

Did you protect your deposit with a Declaration of Trust?