How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Our home is owned Mortgaged) in a 50/50 split on a Tenants

Customer Question

Our home is owned Mortgaged) in a 50/50 split on a Tenants in Common basis. My partner gave me £30,000 a couple of years ago and we now want to change the ownership share to reflect this. We need a legal agreement template drawn up and would like a price for this please. Thank you.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What will the new percentage share be?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi ClareThe original purchase of our home on a Tenants In Common basis was in October 2008 on an assumed 50/50 percentage split.In May 2016 this became a 25/75 split due to my partner giving me £32,000 but we didn’t get around to drawing up an agreement which we now want to do.Thanks,Jennifer
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

I note you have looked at Declaration of Trust templates - and this is in fact what you need.

It is a simple one since there has not been one previously - do you have the Office Copy entries relating to the property?