How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35215
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im a married woman and this year met a man and had an affair

This answer was rated:

im a married woman and this year met a man and had an affair and got pregnant, I told my husband who was against it initially but later for my happiness finally agreed for me to have the baby and keep it now that man wants to be part of the baby or even threatened to take my baby from me is that possible in UK Law

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - so yes I am afraid the biological father would be able to get an order allowing him to spend time with the child - but certainly not to take the child from you

You need to discuss matters with him using Family mediation

He will have to accept that your husband has an equally important role in the child's life

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you