How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33637
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Can my daughter ex who they weren't married to stop her

This answer was rated:

Can my daughter ex who they weren't married to stop her moving to London from scotland where her boyfriend lives taken their child with her 4yrs old . Even though she has told him she will her u once month until she starts school then whenever she off x thank you


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- are they all living in London now?

- how often does your son see his 4 year old?

- any concerns about the care provided by the mother or his new partner?

- is your son named on his daughetrs birth certificate?

- when is the planned move?

kind regards


Ps - I just need to nip out but will anwer upon my return

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It my daughter who is moving to London with new boyfriend. There no concerns her boyfriend is great with the child treat her like she was his own .daughter and new partner for 20 months. Her ex is on the birth certificate as dad. He get her normally on Sunday afternoon till Tuesday early evening .daughter is thinking about moving in February next yr her new partner already lives down there and has a fantastic job to surport both


Thank you for your response.

Please do accept my apologies for my delay in responding to you. You do need a Scottish solicitor. I am a Solicitor in England/Wales. I will opt out so one of my colleagues can assist you.

I wish you all the best.

kind regards


I see. The ex can apply to the court to prevent her from moving to London and it will then be a matter for the court to determine whether to allow such a move. He would apply for a prohibited steps order in the court to prevent the move. The court would consider whether the move was in the welfare interest of the child and mother would have had to consider that she was still able to ensure that the father would have contact with the child going forward (telephone contact and perhaps longer times in holidays etc). But to answer your question the court would have the power potentially to prevent the move.

Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33637
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you