How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33776
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Can I get a court order to see my child when I've had a

This answer was rated:

Can I get a court order to see my child when I've had a false allegation made against me

Yes potentially. You would need to apply to the court for a child arrangement order so that you can spend time with the child. When the parents can’t come to a decision on their own, one or both parents may apply to the court for a child arrangements order. This order can stipulate where and with whom a child lives, when and where they have contact with a non-custodial parent, and certain other matters relating to the child’s welfare. The fact that you are on bail does not automatically prevent there from being contact. The court can look into the allegations against you and can order contact. There is an excellent book on this topic which costs about a tenner from amazon which can help although happy to answer additional questions. I have attached a link to the book and also the form which you need to complete to commence the process.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What are you accused of?

Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am accused of inappropriately touching my daughter. This is complete 100% fabrication as I surely love my daughter and the thought of what my wife and step daughter are accusing me of disgusts me . There is absolutely no proof it's just their way of getting me out of the house. I am living with my parents at the moment and have not had any contact for seven weeks at all by any means.

On that basis if you made an application for a child arrangement order then the court would wish to consider a fact finding hearing to determine whether the allegation against you is true or not prior to the court agreeing to any contact. A fact finding hearing would basically be a hearing to determine solely the question of the allegation. Again the book I mention above may be of assistance as it explains in some detail the process.

Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33776
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you