How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1431
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My son has been paying his child mother not ever week money

This answer was rated:

My son has been paying his child mother not ever week money ,last week he did at my suggestion through bank,ninty pounds plus took her his son and her child shopping where he bought his son clothes and shoes ,this week she wants more money for gas now treating as she does for him not to see his child plus taking him to CSA
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: He is in Croydon, she in barnes
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have also transfer money to her account
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- how old is your grandchild?

- are there any court orders in place?

- what is the normal routine for the father to see his son?

- has the mother ever stopped this time before?

kind regards


ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is one fifteen months . No court order.routine he can see him only if he pays her £20 per week order she made up .if he has him she have to be present .she has several times right now it has being stopped,her own mother has been stop , none cause she could not babysit


Thank you for your response.

Please do accept my apologies for my delay in responding to you as your question did not come up in my list.

I am so sorry to hear how your mother is treating your son.

What you need to know is that in relation to the maintenance the mother can refer to the Child Maintenance Service for an assessment if she wants too. Your son would have to pay what he is assessed to pay depending upon his income. The CMS have a useful calculator on their website which will give your son an indication of what he should be paying.

In relation to your son spending time with his son it is the position of the courts that it is the childs right to have a

really good relationship with both of their parents and this should previal as long as there are no child protection reasons as to why this should not happen.

Spending time with his son is not dependant on child maintenance as these are two separate issues so the mother should not be threatening to stop the time if your son wont pay the extra money that she demands. The court would also expect that the mother does not have to be present at the contact if there are no child protection concerns.

If the mother does stop the contact then your son needs to consider applying for a child arrangements order to set out the time that he spends with his son and also that this can be without the mother.

First thing he needs to do is to refer to family mediation. There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you.

Google family mediation in your area and give them a call to self refer.

Mediation will try and help them reach agreement without the need for court. If agreement cannot be reached at mediation or the mother wont engage then the mediator will sign the form that your son needs to apply to court.

The court form is the C100 Form.

There is a court fee of £215 payable when you send your application to court although your son may qualify for a reduction or waiver depending on his circumstances.

The court will want to promote the relationship and will not be happy to hear that the mother has been restricting this.

Please do let me know if I can help you further

kindest regards