Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I jointly own a bungalow with my sister, I may want to move

Customer Question

I jointly own a bungalow with my sister , I may want to move out next year and live with my boyfriend, what happens to my share of the bungalow?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hi, do you and your sister have a Mortgage? Have you spoken to your sister about you moving out? Al

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We do not have a mortgage, I have not spoken to my sister as yet, but she is aware that I may move out sometime
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do I get a response

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Well, as there is no mortgage, it is simply a question of seeing if your sister is happy to buy you out of your half share in the bungalow. I do not know her financial standing, but hopefully she would be able to raise a Mortgage to pay you out, once you have both agreed on a price.

The alternative is that you ask for the bungalow to be sold.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Al

H​I, Can I assist you any further? Kind Regards Al