How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35069
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife is not complying with court directions regarding my

This answer was rated:

My wife is not complying with court directions regarding my children. I have exhausted all my funds in trying to get access. How do I go about getting the court directions enforced?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What does the order say and what is actually happening?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The order says in brief that I have indirect contact and that my wife is to encourage my boys to respond to letters, cards and gifts. She is to provide monthly progress reports, copies of school reports and photographs to see my children’s growth, progress and appearance.
None of my letters are answered or my gifts acknowledged. I receive no updates and my wife refuses any contact with my side of the family whatsoever including their older brother, my son by a previous marriage.
It would appear she is systematically alienating my children from me and my extended family
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not even receive birthday, Father’s Day or Christmas cards. My sons are now 6 & 12 and I have not seen them for two years

When was the Order made?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
January 2017
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have written regularly since, also asking for clothes sizes, photos, school updates, interests, well being etc but nothing

Have you taken any enforcement steps/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, that’s what I need to know how to do.
I spent 30k last year but not winning has hit me hard and now I’m out of work so need to know how to deal with this myself

Enforcement is done using a form C79 available here

You will also need the fee remission form which is here

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome - good luck

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you