How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Can my wife stop me entering our famil6 home to see my

This answer was rated:

Can my wife stop me entering our famil6 home to see my children?

Do you both own the property?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the house is ours, we have four kids from 9yrs to 16yrs she has asked for a divorce, she has found and wants to be with some one else. I moved out several months back, it was amicable, but since trying to divide up financial things not so amicable. I have the kids every other weekend. I waa 40 mins early last night to collect but see refused me entry to our family home. Last weekend although not my weekend see asked me to have my boys as our youngest (a daughter bday weekend and wanted to do stuff). So i had the boys, but when i dropped them off she would not allow me to pop upstairs to see my daughter & give her a birthday kiss. My daughter was playing a game in her room. There is no history or bad behaviour or abuse so surprised at her reaction in not letting me. I wanted to know my rights.

Ok. As you both own the house and there are no court orders in place then you are perfectly entitled to enter your property. IN fact you could move back into the property should you so wish. If there had been any issues of domestic abuse within the relationship then she could make an application to the court for an occupation order to prevent you from entering the property but without such an order (and potentially the grounds for such an order) you are entitled to enter the property. I hope that this helps and please rate positive. Thanks

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you