How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7071
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

Father has died in England leaving a will which has totally

This answer was rated:

Father has died in England leaving a will which has totally excluded my brother and I, all his assets have been left to his 2nd wife is this situation legal ?

Did he give any reason why?

How long has he been married to his second wife?

How old are you and your brother?

Was he supporting either of you in any way before his death?


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No reason, he was married to second wife for 25years, I am 50yrs my brother is 53yrs old we are independent and received no support from our father

Thank you for the information. The law , as far as is possible, will try not to interfere with the expressed wishes of the deceased in the Will.

The law will, however, get involved where it is felt that the testator would or should have made provision had they had a chance to. Examples of this are a deceased with young children or where they were paying for something before they died and had indicated they would continue to do so , like education fees. If the Will was made many years before the court would alter the terms and make provision.

I cannot see a court interfering here.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes


michael holly and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you