michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
12609314

Father has died in England leaving a will which has totally

Father has died in England leaving a will which has totally excluded my brother and I, all his assets have been left to his 2nd wife is this situation legal ?

Did he give any reason why?

How long has he been married to his second wife?

How old are you and your brother?

Was he supporting either of you in any way before his death?

Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No reason, he was married to second wife for 25years, I am 50yrs my brother is 53yrs old we are independent and received no support from our father

Thank you for the information. The law , as far as is possible, will try not to interfere with the expressed wishes of the deceased in the Will.

The law will, however, get involved where it is felt that the testator would or should have made provision had they had a chance to. Examples of this are a deceased with young children or where they were paying for something before they died and had indicated they would continue to do so , like education fees. If the Will was made many years before the court would alter the terms and make provision.

I cannot see a court interfering here.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael