How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33667
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex fiancé has moved out of the area with another man. We

This answer was rated:

Hi, my ex fiancé has moved out of the area with another man. We are currently splitting time with my 8 year old daughter 50/50.
My daughter has gone to the Same school for nearly 4 years and my ex is travelling for approx 1.5 hours to do the school runs and it's only a matter of tIme that she decides that she doesn't want to do this any more!
My daughter is excelling in school and I really would like her to stay in this school.
Is there anything I can do to stop my ex from putting my daughter in another school?

If you can not reach agreement between the two of you (and you would also need to consider mediation) then you could apply to the court for a specific issue order to keep her at the same school as she is in at the moment. The court would then decide which school she should attend/stay at. There is a very helpful book which might be of use to you in this area - and to help I have attached a link on amazon - I think its about a tenner - talks you through the process -

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Perfect, thank you.