Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex husband and i have been divorced for over a year now.

Hi, my ex husband and i have been divorced for over a year now. I have moved out and am wiht someone new. My ex wont allow me to take the kids on holiday and repeatedly tells the kids they are to have nothing to do with my boyfriend. Am i able to get something formal which allows me to take the kids away?

where do the children live? You or him? Are there any court orders in place?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No court orders in place. They are with me during the week and with him on the weekends. I have asked for the kids to be with me on a weekend once a month but he won't agree. During the holidays he won't let me have them for Christmas or not their birthdays. I work round him but now it's hurting the kids.

Ok that makes sense. The court would allow you to go on a holiday with your partner and also probably alternate weekends. You would be making an application for a child arrangement order (although you would have try mediation first). There is a very good book on amazon for about a tenner which talks you through the process - I have attached a link to make it easier for you - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/How-Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding-resolving/147211910X

Basically you would be applying for a court order for the child to live with you and spend time with your ex. This would also have the benefit of allowing you to take the child out of the country for unto 28 days. I hope that this helps and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He isn't refusing mediation can someone be forced to go?

No the court will not force people to go to mediation.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you