How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I gave up my job 20 years ago to raise a family, and

Customer Question

I gave up my job 20 years ago to raise a family, and recently started work again. My husband has just initiated a separation and wants to leave. It is likely to end in divorce. What am I entitled to with regards ***** *****? We have been married for 22 years.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

What other assets are there (including pensions) and what income do you each have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The house is worth about £900k with a mortgage balance of c£400k. Not sure about a pension value tbh. I earn a gross of £41k and my husband earns a salary of £12k plus director dividends equating to about £40k per year. We have no other properties. We have one 15yr old daughter with two older children who are now independent adults.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

For clarity your annual income is £41k per annum and his is £52K per annum - is that correct?

Who will your daughter live with?