Lisa Lawyer
Lisa Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified solicitor
83289945

How to safeguard 18 month baby from domestic violence and

Customer Question

How to safeguard 18 month baby from domestic violence and abuse? What happens if they are exposed to this? See and hear this? What are the adverse effects on a young baby?
Expert:  Lisa Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

Dear Nilufer, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you.

If you have concerns about a child being exposed to domestic violence and abuse it is essential that you report these to your local authority's children's social care team. You’ll be asked for your details, but you can choose not to share them. Call 999 if the child is at immediate risk or, if you believe a crime has been committed, call your local policing team on 101.

More information can be found here https://www.gov.uk/report-child-abuse

The adverse effects on a young child being exposed to such behaviour can be extensive and long lasting. What you describe is clearly a dangerous environment. Please do act if you have any such concerns.

I hope that this assists. Please do reply below if you have any further questions or would like any aspect of my response clarified. If my comments are of assistance, I would be grateful if you would confirm by accepting and rating this response. This can be done by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page and enables me to gain credit for the time taken in responding to your query. Please note that rating the response will not close this question - you will still be able to post below with any further queries or comments.

Lisa