13262538

I have been divorced for 4 years. The court order specifies

I have been divorced for 4 years. The court order specifies my child maintenance payments as £630.00 per month, and these have been paid. However, the gov.uk calculator gives a lower figure of £446. What is the easiest way to reduce my payments legally?Also, on her court papers my ex wife stated that my children had both been placed on the child protection register, and as I have never been denied access or had a visit from the social services, I believe she was in contempt of court. Can I still raise this, 4 years after the hearing?

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

For clarity - do you and the children all live in the Uk?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Assuming that the court order has been in place for more than 12 months you can now apply to the CMS for an assessment - which will replace the Child Maintenance part of the court order

The other issue is not relevant I am afraid

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It may nor be relevant to the child maintenance question, but it was still asked?

My apologies that was badly phrased - what I meant was it cannot be raised as it is simply no longer relevant

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unfortunately, it is very relevant to me - I shall consider the easier question answered, but am afraid I shall be giving poor feedback due to miscommunication based on what constitutes a single question

Again I am sorry that I did not make it clear

The fact that she put erroneous information on her Divorce papers is not in itself Contempt of Court and there is no action that you can take because she did so

Has it been part of your applictaion for Contact with the children then that might have been an issue - but even thin it is unlikely that the court would have taken action when is was revealed as part of the CAFCASS report - although it would have impacted on the courts opinionoif her

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou Clare - happy now.

You are most welcome - and I am sorry I was not clearer!