13262538

My wife had an affair and left me abruptly just a few weeks

Hi. My wife had an affair and left me abruptly just a few weeks ago after over 11 years.I went to our shared lock up to pick up some things and have discovered that all my tax details and bank statements have been taken (along with hers). I assume she means to photocopy them or use them to prepare a financial dossier against me.I am almost 100% convinced that they are not at her new flat. I strongly suspect they are being held at the house of the person she’s having an affair with.If this proves to be true, is it illegal for her to give someone else access to my bank statements without my consent and is it a matter for the police?Many thanks indeed for your help.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

If she has taken them she cannot use them within the financial proceedings as she has no right to them

It is of little use contactin the police - she will simply say she took them by accident.

Write and ask for their return

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for that. That's interesting - so she cannot use my bank details to prove a point, but can only use hers? If that's true, that makes a lot of sense.

She can use her knowledge to ask you to produce the relevant paperwork she cannot waive them about herself!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Brilliant. I will sleep better tonight as I know I have nothing to hide! You've been very helpful, thank you.

You are most welcome!