Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex husband has moved over 250 miles away. We have 2

My ex husband has moved over 250 miles away. We have 2 children aged 13 and 11 who live with me my elder boy had ASD and younger son has seperation issuses. They haven't spent a night away with there Dad in 5 years. He want to have them for the half term week neither boy wants to go where do I stand.

The starting point is that a judge would normally allow a child or children to spend time with their father over a half term holiday unless there are safeguarding concerns; particularly with the age of the children. If the children are refusing to go then the court may state that they do not need to go - one of the things that the court considers is the wishes and feelings of the children. But that is only one factor in the courts considerations. The key really is a welfare reason for them not staying overnight. I would point out that there is an excellent book on this topic for about a tenner on amazon which is also worth considering. I have attached the link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/How-Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding-resolving/147211910X

Delighted to discuss further and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There are issues as my son who has ASD likes a set routine which means we struggle going away at all would this make a difference

If you can get a letter from the GP or specialist which confirms this then that would help as it goes to the child's welfare.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

My pleasure. The book may help going forward and please rate positive.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you