How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33970
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Just wondered where I stand as a father in getting access to

This answer was rated:

Just wondered where I stand as a father in getting access to my 2 children. The mother is making it really difficult. She won't allow me to see my children without her there and when she is she tends to scream in my face in front of my children

Well on the basis that you have parental responsibility you have equal rights with the mother and as such are entitled to spend time with your children. If things are really bad then the best thing may well be to make an application to court for a child arrangement order which can define the time you both spend with the child. It is a straight forward process but would allow you regular and worthwhile contact with your children. I should point out that there is also a fabulous book on amazon for about a tenner which easily explains the whole court process (I have attached the link if it helps -

I have also attached the link to the court form for you -

Very happy to discuss and please rate positive,

I hope that answers your question. Please ask anything as necessary.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.

Thomas Judge and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you