James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My wife and I have agreed to seperate and after putting our

Customer Question

Hi, my wife and I have agreed to seperate and after putting our house on the market my stepfather has agreed to help out with money to buy my wife out of her share of the house. My concern is what happens legally with this situation. I have concerns about getting £100,000 from family and then in a future divorce having to pay again. We also have 2 small children which will be staying with my wife so there is an agreement on maintenance also. Essentially we are playing nice but we both want to be safe legally in this situation. Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you considering a divorce?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but I believe that we need to be living apart for 2 years before a no fault divorce is allowed
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I signed up for the ‘answer in a half hour service’.........