13262538

I have an endowment policy that matured last Feb. I split

Hi There I have an endowment policy that matured last Feb. I split from my ex partner (never married) 17 years ago but continued to pay the policy for 5 years after our split. During the time we where together she was unemployed and I worked the whole time. All payments made to this policy came from my bank account. The value of the policy is around £10,000 however the payments I made after our split equate to £3060 I have offered to split the policy with here minus my payments however she wants the policy split 50/50 in it entirety I find this unacceptable. What if anything is she entitled to?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am located in Ireland now but the policy relate to an English property that has since been repossessed
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that since the policy is held in joint names then your ex retains an interest in it - and on the face of it it is a claim for 50%

However you are entitled to reclaim the payments you made on her behalf - so half of all the payments made after you separated.

I appreciate that you have in fact made all the payments - but whilst you were together that was the agreement that you had

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi ClareI have offered her a 65.25% / 34.75% split in my favor this takes into account the £3060 but she is refusing this. I would also like to point out that these percentages do not take into account any bonuses that may payments may have accrued. What would be my next step?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what would be my next step please?