James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

If I have been left my partners house, all household and all

Customer Question

If I have been left my partners house, all household and all other contents with the exception of items listed previously.
Does this include his collection of watches, ( not previously mentioned) I know the executors of which there are 4, are in dispute about this ?!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 month ago.

Hello for clarification - so are the watches not itemised?

who are the executors please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No watches are not itemised and there are 4 executors, father, step father and 2 half brothers
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 month ago.

It depends on the wording of the will. If it says literally that you have been left "all household and other contents with the exception of XYZ", then in my opinion, on a literal translation it means that you get everything except for the items mentioned

Can I clarify anything else for you?.

I’m happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! (Although there is an incentive scheme where the more five-star ratings I get, I do actually get a pat on the head! :-)) All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you.

If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.