James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

I have a High Court Order from 2012 that states my ex

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a High Court Order from 2012 that states my ex husband is to pay child maintenance into my account on the 1st of every month. It states that if he does not do this, he will go to prison. He has only paid that amount once. I was with Csa and they could not get anything from him, I contacted my solicitors who said it would cost a fortune to take him to court and CAB advised it too expensive to pursue the matter. He has made the children and I homeless twice. I was made redundant from my job last February and pursued the matter again, hoping I could get legal aid. CAB advised me I would not be able to unless I could prove I was a victim of domestic violence. We divorced over 9 years ago and I do not want to go over the past. I simply want what is owed by him for the upkeep of the children. He has recently come into two inheritance's and I would like to know if and how I can proceed with obtaining this money owed and still owing? I would really appreciate your help.
Many Thanks,
Alison Pratt ***********
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When did you involve the CSA and what assessment did they make?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I involved them a year after I got divorced in 2007. My ex would always show proof that he was bankrupt or hardly earning any money. He is a freelance photographer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Clare, I so not have any money at all as I was made redundant. Do I stop this conversation now?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, what I mean is that I cannot pay more than I already have.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I would appreciate an answer. My money has gone out of my account yet I have not had a response since last week?