How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a High Court Order from 2012 that states my ex

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a High Court Order from 2012 that states my ex husband is to pay child maintenance into my account on the 1st of every month. It states that if he does not do this, he will go to prison. He has only paid that amount once. I was with Csa and they could not get anything from him, I contacted my solicitors who said it would cost a fortune to take him to court and CAB advised it too expensive to pursue the matter. He has made the children and I homeless twice. I was made redundant from my job last February and pursued the matter again, hoping I could get legal aid. CAB advised me I would not be able to unless I could prove I was a victim of domestic violence. We divorced over 9 years ago and I do not want to go over the past. I simply want what is owed by him for the upkeep of the children. He has recently come into two inheritance's and I would like to know if and how I can proceed with obtaining this money owed and still owing? I would really appreciate your help.
Many Thanks,
Alison Pratt ***********
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When did you involve the CSA and what assessment did they make?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I involved them a year after I got divorced in 2007. My ex would always show proof that he was bankrupt or hardly earning any money. He is a freelance photographer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Clare, I so not have any money at all as I was made redundant. Do I stop this conversation now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, what I mean is that I cannot pay more than I already have.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would appreciate an answer. My money has gone out of my account yet I have not had a response since last week?