Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience

My wife won’t let me my daughter. We have split up 6 months

Hi, my wife won’t let me my daughter. We have split up 6 months ago but we are not officially separated. She is making fake accusations to the police that i’m stalking her and want to finically assault her. She wants to take my daughter abroad for holiday without asking my permission. What can I do. She says that if I won’t tell her my current address I will not see my daughter. I don’t want to give her my new address as she will stalk me and my new partner. What rights do I have to see my daughter? and what can I do with this situation?

I see. If you can not reach agreement on this issue you will have to make an application to the court for a child arrangement order. Such an order will allow you to have defined time with your daughter - it is not uncommon for this to be alternate weekends, a weekly tea time contact; and half of all holidays - time for birthdays and christmas. I should point out that you would need to complete a form C100 (you should attempt mediation first but from what you have written I would be surprised if this was successful). There is a very good book which talks you through the process if you can not afford a solicitor and I have attached a link -

Happy to answer questions and please rate positive.

I hope that answers your question. Please ask anything as necessary.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.