How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33972
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I am going to adopt my wifes Daughter who is 14 and they

This answer was rated:

I am going to adopt my wifes Daughter who is 14 and they came to the uk from Thailand Also her two other children who now 20 and 22 came over with her to live with their mother. I was wondering if I could adopt the elder children as well.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK Nottinghamshire
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, they have Discretionary leave to live in the uk
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: Because the mother has difficulty passing the life in the UK test and I adopt all of them I would like to think we could live together as a family unit, Also my wfe and I have a son, the other children's step brother

Bad news I am afraid. I am afraid that under UK law it is not possible to adopt adult children and as such you will be unable to adopt the children who are aged 20 and 22. Happy to discuss and please rate positive for my time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks very Much I am pleased I contacted you and satisfied with your answerGest Regards ***** *****

Thats great.I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you