How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33997
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have separated from my partner we bought a house together

This answer was rated:

I have separated from my partner we bought a house together where I put in 90% of the money no mortgage how much is she entitled to
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We are not married

In whose name is ***** *****?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Did you sign a deed of trust or confirm the shares in writing

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Deeds of trust

Ok well if the Deed of Trust sets out the share of the property then you would be entitled to that share on separation. That is the purpose of such a document to clearly define the share ownership of a property. Does that explain things or do you have a further question

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That’s fine thanks
Thanks for your help

I hope that answers your question. Please ask anything as necessary.

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you