Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have a 7 month old daughter me and her father have split

I have a 7 month old daughter me and her father have split he is names on the birth certificate, she lives with me and my mother, her father insists on seeing her on a daily basis and becomes very intimidating when he doesn’t get his way, what are the possibilities that he could get the live with element? And how much contact is reasonable for him to have? I understand the importance of a father in my daughters life but currently having to spend everyday with my ex as she still breast feeds and is heavly dependant on me, I want him to have a part in his daughters life but we both also deserve lives separate from each other.
Any advice will be appreciated
There is no exact science as to how much contact a father can and should have with a 7 month old child. But the court would not rarely be supportive of daily contact. If there was an application for a child arrangement order it would most likely be seeing the child only once or twice a week.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for responding. Going to court would obviously be a last resort, are there any services or people I can contact to help make a schedule for us? He doesn’t respond well to me and can get angry at times, he’s not abusive I just don’t have the confidence to stand up to him.

If you start the court process then you have to go to mediation (MIAM) first. They can do a schedule for you. Check for the national mediation service for where you live locally. I hope that this helps and please rate positive.