How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35009
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Hope you can help. i have access to see my son every monday

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon, hope you can help.
i have access to see my son every monday and once overnight a month. I pay financially to him as a family based arrangement however his mom is starting legal proceeding for me to have more contact with him. However as i have another son i have contact with and a new born daughter who lives with me and i have a full time job and as it is in retail i have to work saturdays. My question is. Can i be made to have more contact with my son even though im happy with current arrangement? Thanks. Richard

Let me see if I can help. The fact is that she can not make you have more contact than you seek. The court would not order more contact. I am happy to discuss further and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Are there any situations that would change that discion as my ex claims that my sons behavioural professional has stated that for me to see him more?

No. The court would not make you have contact if you weren't prepared to have it. They can reduce contact but not put it up without your consent.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just so im clear. There is no legal obligation to have any contact with my son? How can she start legal proceedings against me. Surly a solicitor would tell her that sh can not force more contact?

That is correct. Solicitors give advice but act on behalf of their clients. Please rate positive.

Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thats great. Can you rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have rated 5 stars. Thank you. Would i still have to go through court if she starts proceedings?

Im afraid so