13262538

Jo I have the following question. Can my ex wife apply for

Hello Jo
I have the following question.
Can my ex wife apply for spousal maintenence/alimony in the UK if she is a romanian citizen (EU). Wehave maried in Ukraine, lived in Ukraine for the term of our entire marriage(2Years), Divorced in Ukraine. She is planning to move over to the UK soon, will she be able to apply to UK court for spousal maintenence ?

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Clare
Thank you for taking on my question
I have received an email from you statin that you have asked me for an additional information, hovewer was can not see any particular information request neither in that email nor in my justanswer account.
This is the first time i use this service...
Would it be possible for us to have a telephone conversation at all? What is a telephone number i could contact you on ?
Alternatively, please try and write your additional questions again.
Yuriy

My apologies - it must have been lost in the ether!

Has there been a financial order in the Ukraine divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dear Clare
Thank you for getting back to me . It is clear that something have gone wrong in the communication between us. It looks to me that there was some glitch in the system ...
Below I have provided some additional information, that could be helpful in clearing my situation. I had tryed to kep my original question short as so it would be easy for you to answer...No there is no financial order with Ukrainian divorce proceedings.
Things works here in following way: We have applied to local Registrar office for a Dissolution Of Marriage, In one month we were given a divorce certificate. We have no children. There is no sposal maintenence/alimony in Ukraine as such. Should one of sposes wish to spit the assets- they are supposed to appy to court and begin a separate hearing... Only the assets purchased (savings accumulated) during the period of marriage a liable to be divided between parties after the mariage disolution. We have none of those as we have been both unemployed during our marriage, didnt aquire anything valuable, no savings accumulated ... Therefore there is no point for my wife even begining a court process in Ukraine.
Hovewer, I a aware that the law in the UK is different.
Below I have thought of key questions that bother me.
It probably would be EASIEST if you just answer them as YES/ NO/ DONT KNOW/ DEPENDS/ WILL GET BACK ON THIS ONE/ PROVIDE BRIEF ANSWER
I do realise thAt for the fee I have paid you can do only so much for me. Please just do your best.1- If my wife will enter the UK on EU passport, will she be able to apply to THE UK court for sposal maintenance/alimony , or dividing my assets, or anything else that would result in me paying out some money to her ? (Dispite the actual divorce having taken place in Ukraine)
2- is there a time deadline after actual divorce in Ukraine took plasce, during which she must apply to THE UK court ?
3- will it make any difference whether my assests are in the UK , Ukraine,Poland, Australia ? (Currently i hold a savings account in the UK, but I am able to relocate the content overseas at short notice to the countries mentioned)
4- Should she begin a mentioned proceedings, would i have time/opportunity relocating/withdrawing the moneys from my savings accounts ?
5- will it make any diference wheter at the moment of here possible claim I would reside in the UK, Ukraine, Poland, Australia ?
6- Should I inheret property in Ukraine after the divorce, would it be liable for division in the case of the court proceedings?
7- Should I choose to sell mantioned property after the divorce, and move the moneys to the UK savings account, would it be liable to division in case of court proceedings ?I look forward hearing from you,
Yuriy

Ok

1.No since the divorce took place in the Ukraine and you were both living there throughout the marriage she cannot make any claim here in the UK.

2. She cannot apply anyway!

3. No

4. Were she able to (which she cant) then moving the money would not help

5, 6 and 7 all not possible!

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details