Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My new partner and I have come to a point in our

My new partner and I have come to a point in our relationship where we would like to introduce children. His ex is point blank refusing. She has a new partner and introduced him after around 4 months so a few months sooner than we are asking. Her previous partner before this new one ended up stalking her and social services got involved on her part because of this. Yet she is claiming a relationship of mine from the past puts her children at emotional risk ‍♀️
I have children. No police involvement no social services involment no contact from this past relationship. He knows where I live but again would never come here he has moved on to a new relationship also and was never a threat in the first place. She has just decided to use him as a reason to stop me and my partner from taking the next step in our relationship and becoming a unit. He is concerned that she can stop the children seeing him because of an ex of mine. Is this possible when there has been no threat and she’s just making things up? Can she stop him from introducing me?

How long have you been together>

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
7 months
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are both secure and committed to a long term relationship

On the basis that both parents have parental responsibility then there is no reason why you should not be introduced and have contact with the children. The court would allow it,. If she is being unreasonable then he would have to make an application to the court for a formal child arrangement order which sets out in law the time he spends with the children. I have attached a link to an excellent book on the topic for about a tenner which would help - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/How-Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding-resolving/147211910X I hope this helps and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this an expensive process?
Would cost be shared or is it on the person applying to fund it all?

Each party pay their own costs. You can do it by yourself (hence the book) or you can instruct barristers/solicitors where it gets more expensive. But it is a straight forward process with the book.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
unless there is risk to child the courts would allow it? It isn’t dependent on personal things. He introduced them to 2 partners previously a few years ago and she is also saying it’s not good for their emotional wellbeing
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry just covering all angles that’s the last part

There would need to be a safeguarding concern. Otherwise it can happen. From what you have said there is no reason to prevent you having contact. I hope that makes sense. Please rate.