Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have two children ages 13 and 15 years old. My wife and I

I have two children ages 13 and 15 years old. My wife and I divorced 18 months ago, when we first separated I had access to my children, however overtime my ex wife has alienated the children from me and I no longer have access. There are no reasons for me not to see my children. The split between my ex wife and I was a mutual decision due to no longer getting on and felt it was unfair on the children to live in an environment with arguing on a regular basis. I contacted a solicitor previously to discuss access rights however they stated that due to their ages and been able to make their own choices it would be pointless taking it through the courts. I am desperate to see my children and feel that I am been subjected to parent alienation which I believe is not always recognised in the courts. Is there any legal way I can gain access rights to see my children?

You would have to make an application to the court for a child arrangement which is a court order for you to spend time with your children. The form that you need to complete is a form C100. The court has the power to make reluctant children spend time with a parent even when they do not want to do so. There is a very helpful book on amazon for about a tenner which talks you through the process and to assist I have attached a link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/How-Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding-resolving/147211910X

Very happy to answer any questions and please rate.

Could you please select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would happen if she refused to go to mediation?

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

Please be aware that the Court will certainly not make the 15 year old see you if he or she does not wish to see you.

It is also unlikely that the court would go against the wishes of the 13 year old.

making an application doomed to failure will not help you fight against the parental alienation - it will simply play into your ex's hands

Rather than rushing to court, I would suggest that you arrange to attend mediation with a mediator trained to work with young people so that the children will be seen.