ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I have been married for 27 years and own half the family

I have been married for 27 years and own half the family home with my wife . After an incident I have moved out for 2 months ( no violence - never has been ) . I now wish to move back . Our children are all over 18 . The house has 5 good bedrooms and 3 of our children live independently with one taking final school exam. My wife wants to sell the family home and move elsewhere. I wish to buy her out and can afford to do so. Can she tell me to move out ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would be happy to have a call tomorrow. I have moved back - she has gone on holiday for a week . I want to propose separate living under one roof . My wife is feisty , I would intend to be firm and calm.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I am sorry to hear what is happening.

I could call you on Monday during the day, if that would be ok for you? There is an extra charge for a phone call so I will send you a request which you would need to accept for me to call.

Could you tell me:

- whose name is ***** ***** in?

- what is the equity in the house?

- what other assets are there for both of you including pensions?

- what is the income for both of you?

- is divorce contemplated?

kind regards

Caroline

I am sorry but the system will not allow me to send you a phone call request.

If you would like me to call you on Monday you should see an option to request a phone call. I will then be able to accept this for you.

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
call me on a Monday please. I am looking for legal advice , not financial advice! The equity in the house is 50/50 and there is not much debt in it . Also have 2 other properties in joint names with very little debt . Both of us have pensions - we both have good jobs . I just want to know if I can move back in to my marital home even though it may be rather uncomfortable for the 2 of us - we would cook / live independently . I want to be in my home - am 58 - not in some digs ! I feel I have taken my punishment and am getting counselling. My wife will not speak nor sanction joint counselling. She says marriage is over and wants to split assets and move elsewhere. At the end of the day I cannot stop her moving and will need raise cash to buy her out . But I want to live in my home....
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sent you a telephone request for Monday with my number - hopefully you got it.

Thank you for your response.

Please do accept my apologies for my delay in responding to you.

I have got the request and I will accept this on Monday for you so I can call you.

In the mean time I can reassure you that as a joint owner of the property you have the right to occupy the property. This right can only be removed by the police if there are bail conditions/ injunction or court order for an occupation order (which are not easy to obtain).

I will tell you more about the position and how the matrimonial finances work on Monday.

kindest regards

Caroline

I have tried to call but I cant get through.

Would you be free at 10am tomorrow?

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please leave a number, surname and voicemail if I do not answer and I will call you back . Thx
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am free at 10 am tomorrow Caroline

I am sorry that I was not able to call you yesterday as my little one was poorly. I could call you now if you are free?

or alternately before dinner time tomorrow at a time of your choosing.

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tomorrow is fine - sorry to hear about this! John

Thank you John. Your patience is really appreciated.