How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35007
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Could you tell me if I have broken my child arrangement

This answer was rated:

Hi could you tell me if I have broken my child arrangement order, it states that the school half term holidays should be split equally, I feel it is better for the children to alternate this time, one half term with me and the next with their father. Myself and my ex have a very acrimonious relationship, and he refuses to agree with this, as he wishes to split the holidays half a week each.I have asked him to attend mediation with me to sort the matter out once and for all, but he refused. I kept the children for the Feb half term and informed him that he could have the full week next half term, he is now taking me back to court for an enforcement order.

I do not feel from what you have written that the court will consider this to be a breach. You have made a sensible way to spli the holidays and we are merely talking about interpreting the order. So no breach.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you fairly certain that this will be the case, I am worried to death as will be litigant in person, will the court look unfavourably on the fact he has refused mediation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also could I try and change the order at this court hearing, thank you

Yes I am fairly certain. The court can also seek to clarify or change the arrangements. I have attached a link to a very helpful book for litigants

Please rate for me.

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry could I just clarify, can all aspects of the child arrangement order be revised at this hearing, ie living with arrangement, holidays, and other details, can I ask for these things to be looked at thanks

If you want that to happen it is wiser to make a c100 application to vary this order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The book should help