How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35016
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Our daughter has just rung in floods of tears as her partner

This answer was rated:

Our daughter has just rung in floods of tears as her partner has just come home, and is bullying her, and threatening her, that she has no rights, he is putting their home on the market, and she has to go. This is following on from last night, where he was trying to make out she is mental, and was also verbally threatening her because she was upset 're her 10 yr old son, who has ADHD, and is struggling at the moment, and she was exhausted and in tears. We are very concerned for our daughter an grandsons safety and well being. She works and contributes what she can, but as a carer this is limited. We would be grateful for any advice on how to safeguard and protect them.

who owns the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He made sure only he was on mortgage, as she was ill at time of signing. However she does pay towards it, bills, and Council tax etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prefer not to call, but have replies via email, so can refer to them, thank you.

Ok. If there is domestic abuse then she can make an application to the court for a non molestation and occupation order. She can ask the court to remove him from the house.

An injunction is a court order that requires someone to do or not to do something. One main type of injunctions is an ‘Occupation Order’.

An occupation order would be an appropriate medium of protection if she considers herself unsafe living with her partner, perhaps due to being subject to acts of violence. In this way the order regulates who can live in the family home, and come within the surrounding area. Happy to discuss and please rate positive

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you