How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34999
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex partner is moving to Scotland do I have any rights as

This answer was rated:

My ex partner is moving to Scotland do I have any rights as she is taking my daughter away from me?
How old is the child and when is she seeking to go? Do you spend much time with the child?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have her every Wednesday and every other Thursday for tea I used to have her sleep twice a week as well but she developed a phobia of sleeping so not to effect her school life we felt it best to not force her. My daughter is 8. Her mum announced to me last night that she will be moving within the next 5 weeks. I also have two boys with my current partner 7 months and 3 who my daughter already struggles with not seeing very much.

I see. Then you can if you want to apply to the court for a child arrangement order and a prohibited steps order to prevent her from removing the child to Scotland. This would prevent her moving until the court have determined the issue and I would be minded to make the application immediately. I have attached a link to a very good book which would assist -

The form which you need to use is a c100

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you for your help


Thomas Judge and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you