Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I started a court order but following advice I want to stop

Customer Question

HiI started a court order but following advice I want to stop it and attend mediation first .... Can I do that?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.

You would have to get the permission of the respondent to stay the proceedings. This was usually be agreed and the court is always supportive of the parents attending mediation, so they would also support it. But to start you need a letter from the other side agreeing to a stay for the purpose of mediation and then send that into the court. Please rate 4, or 5 stars.

Hello I see that you have looked at the answer. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.

Has this been resolved now?