How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34856
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I started a court order but following advice I want to stop

Customer Question

HiI started a court order but following advice I want to stop it and attend mediation first .... Can I do that?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

You would have to get the permission of the respondent to stay the proceedings. This was usually be agreed and the court is always supportive of the parents attending mediation, so they would also support it. But to start you need a letter from the other side agreeing to a stay for the purpose of mediation and then send that into the court. Please rate 4, or 5 stars.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Hello I see that you have looked at the answer. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 months ago.

Has this been resolved now?