How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am looking for some urgent legal advice. My husband and I

Customer Question

Hello I am looking for some urgent legal advice. My husband and I live in the U.K and were married under U.K. Law. We are currently buying a house in Italy (tomorrow), worth mentioning my husband is Italian, I am a UK citizen. To get the paperwork through as his first home (there is a preferred tax rate if it is his first home) the notary wants me to sign over first rights to the house to him. He has also said following the sale of the house my husband will sign a paper gifting me 50% of the house. My question is as we live and were married in the UK would UK devorce law over ride anything I signed in Italy?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

For clarity - are you asking if under UK divorce Law you would retain a claim on the property?

Which part of the Uk are you in?