James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I am looking for some urgent legal advice. My husband and I

Customer Question

Hello I am looking for some urgent legal advice. My husband and I live in the U.K and were married under U.K. Law. We are currently buying a house in Italy (tomorrow), worth mentioning my husband is Italian, I am a UK citizen. To get the paperwork through as his first home (there is a preferred tax rate if it is his first home) the notary wants me to sign over first rights to the house to him. He has also said following the sale of the house my husband will sign a paper gifting me 50% of the house. My question is as we live and were married in the UK would UK devorce law over ride anything I signed in Italy?
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

For clarity - are you asking if under UK divorce Law you would retain a claim on the property?

Which part of the Uk are you in?