How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have lived with my current female partner for 30 years. I

Customer Question

I have lived with my current female partner for 30 years. I have supported her all of this time and I gave her £50000. She provided the money to build a small utility room and a semi landscaping of the garden. This was early on in the relationship.The house is in my name. We are not married and do not have a living in agreement.What are her legal rights if any?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage.

When and why did you give her the £50,000

How much did the work she paid for enhance the value of the property?