How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Does Family law cover UK Wills and Probate? If not, do you

Customer Question

Does Family law cover UK Wills and Probate?
If not, do you provide experts in this area?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you if you let me know what you wish to know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Clare,
I am what is known as a disgruntled beneficiary. My brother is sole executor to my late mothers Will. His conduct has been very poor, basically told me to keep out of everything and he is in charge. He also doesn't properly answer my questions.
Some 3 years after my moms passing he has presented draft accounts and now wants me to approve them and give him an indemnity. If I don't he will get the court to approve them and I will have to pay the court fees of £6,000 approx. What rights do I have? Is it easier to talk on the phone about this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Clare, I thought I was on a 7 day free trial?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

That is a matter I will refer to Customer services (who are in America so please be patient)

What is the issue with the accounts?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They are the Estate Draft Accounts. The executor has signed them but he also wants beneficiaries to approve them. To protect himself.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

I understand that - but having seen them what is your issue with them?