How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex husband pays child main to me, my daughter is going to

Customer Question

my ex husband pays child main to me, my daughter is going to move to live with him and he wants to reduce my child maintenance - he earns £8,000 + a month and I get £1,500 a month agreed by court order the order does not state anything about either of us being primary carer or shared custody neither does it stipulate any specifics on what it is for or specific amounts of time spent with either party.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: monmouth wales
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a clause in my court order that says if my child maintenance is reduced it has to be made up pound by pound in my spousal maintenance
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What time will the child now spend with you?

What is the exact wording of the clause relating to the child maintenance/spouse maintenance balance