michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
12609314

Have appointed two Trustees to look after things if I became

Customer Question

I am Married and have appointed two Trustees to look after things if I became unable IF I needed social care to look after me. Which I could not afford would my house have to be sold
Expert:  michael holly replied 5 months ago.

There are various ways to avoid the sale of your house.

The first is to enter into a deferred payment agreement with the local authority . This is like an equity release scheme where money is released to pay for your care and secured against the house. On your death the house is, usually, sold to pay for the accrued charges.

If you wish to avoid the sale of the house after your death an alternative if you went into a care home would be to rent out the house and set the rent against the charges.

If there are aqny further points please rep[ly I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer on the system so IU get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael